I recently rewatched John Carpenter's classic 1978 film, "Halloween," and paid close attention to some of the film's minor details. I thought it might be fun to ask some really challenging questions about the movie for its diehard fans. As before, feel free to post your guesses in the comments, and I'll post the answers in the same place in a few weeks. Also, all of this trivia is taken from the film itself, and not from any of the sequels, the novelization of the movie, the comic books, etc. (Which is incredibly detailed--I was amused to see that one of the comics included Linda's boyfriend Bob's social security number!)
1) Most of the music in the movie was original, largely composed by John Carpenter himself. What is the one non-original, popular rock song heard in the movie?
2) Michael Myers is seen killing five living things in the movie. But it is heavily implied that he killed two others. Name them.
3) What two clues does Michael leave at the crime scene involving the truck about halfway between the Smith's Grove Warren County Sanitarium and Haddonfield?
4) Staying on this scene, what is the name of the garage that's printed on said truck?
5) When Michael is driving around, following Laurie and her friends during the day, what person is he mistaken for?
6) Laurie has a print of a famous painting in her room. Name the artist.
7) During the cemetery scene, the sexton mentions another infamous murderer in the neighboring town of Russelville. Who was it?
8) In the scene where we learn that Laurie likes Ben Tramer, Annie first offers to set Laurie up with another boy. Who is it?
9) What are the three (fictitious) comics books that Tommy Doyle wants Laurie to read to him?
10) What brand of popcorn is seen being eaten?
11) Staying on brands, what (real) brand of beer do Lynda and Bob drink?
12) What's the name of the Wallace's family dog, who runs afoul of Michael?
13) What's the name of the tavern/nightclub printed on the matchbook that Nurse Chambers has in the Sanitarium scene?
14) According to Dr. Wynn, about how many miles is it from Smith's Grove Sanitarium to Haddonfield?
15) What two movies are seen being shown on "Dr. Dementia's" special Halloween night show?
16) What is the name of Annie's boyfriend? (He isn't shown, but we do hear him on the phone.)
17) What are the names of the three bullies who torment Tommy Doyle? (Dr. Loomis yells at one of them when they're approaching the old Myers house.)